Here at Shire Hearing Centres, we like to give some helpful tips on what to look for when choosing an appropriate provider.
- Always remember, choose a hearing service provider who suits YOUR needs.
- Make sure that you are aware of the provider’s credentials. Most hearing service providers who have a federal government contract for pensioners and veteran’s must ALWAYS comply with a very high set of standards and must be a member of an approved professional body. Always ask if the provider has a federal hearing contract with the Office of Hearing Services.
- Choose someone who you feel comfortable talking to. If you have a permanent hearing loss you will need to see your clinician many times over your lifetime. When it comes to choosing new hearing aids, your clinician will be better able to help you if they understand what your lifestyle is like, and what you want from a hearing aid.
- A lot of success in hearing aid fittings is the aftercare. What rehabilitation plans do they have in place to help and support you through your hearing healthcare journey.
- Consider exactly what your hearing needs are. Be specific. This will influence your choice of what hearing aid features you need.
- Consider repair and reliability issues. Are technicians available close to you.
- Do they offer a “trial Period” and if so how long for?
- Is there a warranty period? Always ask about this in detail.
- Always make sure that when you have walked away from your initial appointment, were all you questions answered? If not have they given you opportunities to always go back and ask?
At Shire Hearing Centres we are proud to offer top quality service and broad range of devices and manufacturers. Contact us today to make an appointment or to learn more.